Why is the shell fabric of a duvet so important?
The characteristics attributed to the selection of a high quality duvet shell fabric is extremely important and at Piumini Danesi® pooq dene® our criteria are:
- the use of natural fibers, 100% cotton thread
- breathability to allow air flow to easily pass through so the down fill can trap air and create the perfect thermal insulation
- a tightly woven weave or high thread count to help prevent the escape of down and deter dust and mites from penetrating
- soft and light to the touch yet resistant to wear
- most recently, fabric noise which can deter a sound sleep
- aesthetics, pleasing to the eye and calming.
Piumini Danesi pooq dene uses 100% cambric cotton for its Classic, Intermedio, Lightweight, Baby Line and Bi-Comfort duvets; threads 53 × 48 NM 100/100.
The D’Oc, D’Oc Light and D’Oc Lightweight duvets’ shell are 100% white batista cotton; threads 62 × 59 NM 135/135.
Its pillows are made of 100% cambric pure cotton; 100% pure cotton twill
The fabrics are certified Øko-Tex Pruf-Nr. Z0.0.4674 – FI Hohenstein, which guarantees the consumer the absence of harmful and allergenic substances in the processing of fabrics.